blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Better Me

So its funny to look back and realize its been ohh about 4 years since I have written a blog. Basically in 4 years I have gotten engaged, married, had not one baby but two babies. Wow so much can happen in 4 years its kinda crazy! I feel so blessed! I have an amazing husband who loves the Lord and others well, 2 beautiful and healthy babies (Ellie is 20 months and Silas is 8 weeks old tomorrow!), a great church, and amazing friends. So thankful for all God has given me!

For about 3 weeks or so I kept feeling like I needed to blog again. The Lord has been doing so much in our lives and I want to share with others in hopes that maybe something I say will stir someone's affections towards Jesus. I just want to start by saying in no way do I think I am super smart, creative, or have it all together. In fact I am super disorganized, totally ADD, and just a normal wear your jammies all day kinda mama. So on to what I felt like I needed to share today.

My hubby, sister-in-law, cousin-in-law, father-in-law and I all went to the Linger conference here in Dallas. http://www.lingerconference.com I was so blessed by all the speakers and worship. Matt Chandler was the speaker on Friday night and one of the first things he said spoke straight to my heart. He said "trying to be the better you will enslave you to fear." In fact we should be living in the freedom we have in Christ! I was convicted that I do that more than I would like to admit. I feel as though I am constantly trying to be a better me. A better mom, homemaker, wife, friend, CHRISTIAN. I would live these things out in my flesh daily, not through Christ, and I would fail. What's so freeing about the GOSPEL is that as a believer we don't have to "try." We are loved and accepted through the blood of Jesus, that's it and that's all. Not my efforts to have better kids or love my husband just right or be involved in everything at church. While all those things are important it's not FREEING because I wasn't doing it with Christ and relying on all the things the Bible says about me! In fact I didn't even want to start blogging again because I was living in "fear" of what others thought about me and whether it would be "good enough." So this is a step in living in freedom and being the woman that God created me to be!

Well that's it for today, babies are awake :) praying God gives freedom to all those that are just like me and living in the fear of man!

Psalm 118:6

Amplified Bible (AMP)
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment